“Emerald Queen Casino
Code of the Night Contest”
Official Contest Rules
On-air/Online contest: Monday, Oct 1st, 2010 through December, 31st, 2010.
KOMO 4 TV reserves the right to change these dates at any time.
HOW IT WORKS:
The KOMO 4 “Emerald Queen Casino Code of the Night Contest” is an on-air TV contest and online Enter to Win contest. The on-air television component requires each participant to watch for a code word with at approximately 7:25pm to 7:30 pm Monday-Friday during Wheel of Fortune, and Saturdays during Wheel of Fortune at approximately 9:20pm-9:35 pm. After seeing the code, viewers must go to komonews.com/EQC to enter the code word within 4 hours after viewing. The viewer is then entered to win a weekly prize. Each Monday starting October 11 and ending January 4, 2011 there will be a random drawing from the entries. Winner must go to Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma to claim their prize. All participants must be 21 to enter the contest and enter the venue.
KOMO 4 TV, Emerald Queen Casino
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS:
•Those entering online may only enter once per person per day.
•All prizes and components are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash; are subject to terms and Multiple or mechanically reproduced entries may result in disqualification.
• Fraudulent entries will be automatically disqualified.
• Fraudulent entries will be subject to prosecution.
•Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
•*Automated voting of any kind is not allowed.
•*Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
•*Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified
•This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities
•*KOMO-TV (and Emerald Queen Casino) reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
•*KOMO-TV reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office
•*Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
•Entrants further grant to KOMO-TV the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
•Must be 21 to enter the contest and enter the casino.
Week 1 9/27/10-10/2/10 – Two tickets to Al Green on October 16th Value $80.00
Week 2 10/4/10-10/9/10 – Hotel & Dinner Certificate for 2 Value $TBD
Week 3 10/11/10-10/16/10 – Two tickets to REO Speedwagon on Nov 16th Value $80.00
Week 4 10/18/10-10/23/10 – ****Bobby Slayton - The "Pitbull" of Comedy, on December 3rd.
Week 5 10/25/10-10/30/10 – Dinner for Two and a Martini Set Value $TBD
Week 6 11/1/10-11/6/10 – Two tickets to Boxing, pre-party passes on November 13th Value $TBD
Week 7 11/8/10-11/13/10 – Two tickets to Bobby Slayton on Dec 13th Value $TBD
Week 8 11/15/10-11/20/10 – Two tickets to The Black Crowes on Dec 4th Value $90.00
Week 9 11/22/10-11/27/10 – Hotel & Dinner Certificate for 2 + BathrobeValue $TBD
Week 10 11/29/10-12/4/10 – Christmas Package (Wine Cellar, Bathrobe)Value $TBD
Week 11 12/6/10-12/1/10 – Hotel Certificate, bathrobe, dinner for 2Value $TBD
Week 12 12/13/10-12/18/10 – 2 tickets to Smokey Robinson Date &Value $TBD
Week 13 12/20/10-12/25/10 - Hotel Certificate, bathrobe, dinner for 2 Value: $
Week 14 12/27/10-12/31/10 – Boxing Tickets and Pre-party Passes for 2 for Jan 8, 2011 Value $TBD
•Any changes in prize and value (such as concert tickets) can be found at KOMONews.com/EQC.
•All concert tickets are general admission.
THE FOLLOWING GENERAL RULES APPLY TO ALL FISHER CONTESTS:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Contest is subject to federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Additional Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. citizens and residents of Western Washington (Snohomish, Thurston, Kitsap, Island, Pierce, Mason, Jefferson, Skagit, Kittitas, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Cowlitz, Whatcom, San Juan, Clallam and King Counties). All contest winners must disclose his or her legal name, address, telephone number, date of birth and Social Security Number. Any winner found to have supplied false or misleading information may be disqualified from the contest and therefore forfeit the prize(s). Age restrictions may apply. All entrants to any contest both imply and agree to participate in the contest and obey the rules of the contest.
Employees of Fisher Broadcasting - Seattle Radio L.L.C. and Fisher Communications, Inc., (collectively, “Fisher”) and any and all parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors employees and agents and their dependents and immediate families, as well as employees of contest Sponsors and vendors, and employees of other broadcast stations are not eligible to participate or win.
3. Release of Liability. Fisher and any other contest sponsors and their affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors and employees shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses injuries, demands, damages, actions, and /or causes of actions which arise out of and/or are in any way related to the prize(s), the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize(s) and/or damages or losses related to the contest.
If a Sponsor pulls out of a contest for reasons beyond Fisher’s control, Fisher is not responsible for continuing the contest and may substitute prizes to fulfill obligations.
4. Identification of Participants/Use of Voice and Likeness. Listeners understand that if they call-in or enter any Fisher contest (mail-in, web site or on-air) they may be called by Fisher personnel live on-the-air, or taped live-on-the-air for use as part of the on-air contest or in future advertising on any Fisher broadcast station. Listeners further understand that permission to use their voice, likeness and/or name is granted by entering to win or calling-in to win any contest on a Fisher broadcast station. Each winner further grants Fisher and their sponsors and its affiliates full permission and authority to use his or her name, likeness and/or voice in all forms of advertising without further compensation or permission.
5. Telephone Contests. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the contest. No liability is assumed by Fisher for faulty, mistranscribed, misdirected/misdialed telephone communication or technical difficulties experienced by callers throughout the call-in portion of the contest including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the contest. Poorly connected or disconnected cellular phone calls may be disqualified. Calls for contestants are taken in order of receipt. In the event that more than one voice is heard on the phone line, the contestant/qualifier or winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. The use of switching or programming equipment by telephone company employees is in violation of contest rules and is not permitted. Telephone contests with “cues to call” are only official when heard on-air via radio. Due to delays in audio transmission, internet streaming is not a valid contest option.
6. Mail/Fax/Text Contests. Only one entry per person will be accepted unless otherwise specified on-the-air or in separate contest rules. Winning entry(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received. Fisher is not responsible for late, misdirected, lost or mutilated mail, entry forms or faxes. No liability is assumed for any malfunction of computer equipment, fax machine equipment or fax machine telephone lines. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. Standard texting fees will apply to any text contest entered.
7. Entry Form Contests. Contestant must complete an official entry form and deposit it in the provided entry box. Only one entry per person may be submitted for each contest. Winning entry(s) will be drawn from all valid entries received. If an entry is deemed illegible or does not supply all the information necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. Entry forms must be mailed to KOMO 4 TV at 140 4th Avenue North, Attn: Promotions, Seattle, WA 98109.
8. Website Contests. To enter a contest on a Fisher station’s website, contestants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. No liability is assumed by the Station for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. Only one entry per person may be submitted. Winning entries will be randomly selected from all valid entries received. If entry does not supply all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. When entering a contest via an advertiser’s web banner or logo hyperlink, Station is not responsible for prize fulfillment or any aspect of the contest. KOMO-TV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, Inc., and/or KOMO-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. UPICKEM and KOMO-TV are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God. All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification
9. Determination of Winner(s). Final determination of all winners will be made solely by Fisher. Any and all decisions made by the Fisher’s on-air personalities and staff are final. Contest rules are available by request from Promotions Department. Any viewers requesting contest rules must send a self-addressed envelope to “ATTN: Promotions: KOMO 4 TV Rules to: 140 4th Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109 or go on-line to the komonews.com/about.
10. Transferability/Substitution of Prize. Prizes may not be traded or transferred. Substitutions of cash or equivalent, unless otherwise specifically stated in the contest rules are not allowed other than a substitution that may be necessary due to the unavailability of a prize. If concert, other ticketed event, gift certificate or coupon has been awarded as a prize and the concert, event, place of business, or product is postponed, rained out, cancelled or for other reasons, beyond our control, does not occur/exist, Fisher will not be responsible for replacing the prize. Prizes not redeemed by expiration date are no longer valid and will not be replaced by station.
In accepting a prize, the winner accepts to take the prize as outlined in the contest. Dates for concert, flight departure/arrival, weekend stays, etc, cannot be changed by winner. If a changing the dates is an option, all additional expenses, change fees, etc. will be the responsibility of the winner. If winner is not able or chooses not to accept prize “as is”, winner forfeits his/her prize. Fisher reserves the right to select another winner. Winner is responsible for all costs associated with travel to any venue or event for which a prize was awarded, unless otherwise specified.
Requirements for Claiming Prize(s). Winner is required to complete an IRS Form W-9, Winner Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and Travel Companion Forms before prize will be awarded. The W-9 and Winner Release will be sent to winner via mail, fax or email. Winner must bring the completed paperwork when claiming prize, or return it by fax/mail before prize will be awarded. Winners must return forms within two weeks of being notified that they have won prizes. Prize fulfillment form must be returned to KOMO 4 within 4 days unless otherwise specified. Winners that complete their forms will then contact Emerald Queen Casino to make an appointment to pick up their prize. Prizes will not be available without an appointment. Winner is responsible for his/her transportation to claim and redeem prize.
12. Taxes and Expenses. The winner (or winner’s guardian) agrees to pay all expenses, taxes & fees not included in the prize. Fisher will report to the government any winnings totaling over $600 (in cash or fair market value) during the calendar year. Winners will receive an IRS 1099 Tax form if any winnings are reported. Winners are responsible for payment of all taxes on prize(s).
13. Amendments to Rules. Fisher reserves the right to amend the contest dates and rules at any time. If any portion of the above rules is determined to be unenforceable due to local or state laws, all other portions of these official rules remain in effect.
14. Postponement or Cancellation of Contest. Due to news events of the day, or any reason beyond Fisher’s control, Fisher reserves the right to post-pone or cancel a contest without notice. In such instances, the contest prize may be awarded at a future date at Fisher’s discretion.
****prize was changed on 10/21/10 due to scheduling change.