“EMERALD QUEEN CASINO
WHEEL OF FORTUNE
PUZZLE OF THE NIGHT ” CONTEST RULES
NOTICE: Change in Rules
Due to breaking news (an Ambert Alert) the puzzle word was not aired on 9/24/14. This week we will draw from entries with 4 (four) correct entries.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Washington state residents who are 21 years of age or older and reside in the KOMO 4 Television viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media of Seattle, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KOMO 4 (the “Station”), KUNS, KPLZ, Emerald Queen Casino, Sony and CBS Distribution, The Douglas Group, Inc. and UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household each week. You may only win once during the Contest Period (as defined below.)
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per IP address per week.
(b) To enter, watch Wheel of Fortune weekdays Monday through Friday at 7:00pm on KOMO Channel 4 . During the contestant interview portion of the program watch for a special graphic to appear on-air with the Emerald Queen Casino logo, the KOMO 4 logo and a daily word. Then each Friday during the Contest Period, log onto www.komonews.com/eqc to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, and five (5) daily words for that week, and submit.
(c) The contest starts on Monday, September 30, 2013 and ends on Friday, September 29, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 11:59pm PT on each Friday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly drawing held the following Monday. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. Due to special live programming Wheel of Fortune may air in prime time (8:00pm to 11:00pm.) Due to breaking news Wheel of Fortune may be pre-empted and NOT air.
(d) Each Monday beginning on October 7, 2013 during the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid and correct entries. In the event of no entries having correctly entered all five answers, then one winner will be randomly drawn from entries with four (4) correct answers. In the event of no entries having correctly entered the answers- one winner will be randomly drawn from the valid registered users.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Each weekly winner will receive two (2) tickets to an upcoming concert at Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma. The specific concert will be determined by the Station and Emerald Queen Casino each week and based on the Emerald Queen Casino concert schedule. All tickets are general admission valued at $100.00 unless otherwise noted. Specific artists and concert dates will be posted on the Station’s website contest page and the upcoming events calendar at Emerald Queen Casino.
2. Winner(s) will be notified by email. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 (five) days of notification. Once the contest administrator at KOMO 4 TV receives the release and W-9 form the winner’s name will given to the box-office at the Emerald Queen Casino I-5 Showroom. The winner(s) must claim his/her prize (tickets) in person at the Emerald Queen Casino I-5 Showroom Will Call Box-Office (Tickets are available 1 hour prior to the concert.) All persons attending concerts at the Emerald Queen Casino must be 21 years of age or over and have a valid picture identification to claim prize tickets and enter the venue, Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a weekly winner cannot be notified within five days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Media of Seattle, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Media of Seattle, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Media of Seattle, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning a weekly prize depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KOMO 4 TV, 140 4th Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109 and on komonews.com/eqc.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KOMO 4 TV, 140 4th Avenue North, Seattle, WA 90109 by October 10, 2014
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media of Seattle, LLC,, Emerald Queen Casino, Wheel of Fortune, CBC Productions accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.